It is no news that YouTube doesn’t allow you to download videos on the platform. This led to the rise of YouTube video downloaders. YouTube video downloaders are good but what if I told you there’s an easier way to download your favourite videos from YouTube? Simply adding the prefix “ss” to the URL of the YouTube video you want to download allows you to download the video without stress.
This trick can be used on any device, mobile or computer. The video will be downloaded in your selected format. A detailed guide on how to use this trick is provided below.
How to Download YouTube Videos Using SS
To download YouTube videos using ss, follow these steps.
- Visit the YouTube website on your favourite browser. The device could be your mobile whether android or iOS or your computer.
- Search for the video you want to download using the search button on the YouTube website.
- Once you’ve found the video, click play & then pause the video.
- Go to the URL of the video and add “ss” before youtube in the URL. For example, if the URL of the video is https://www.youtube.com/jistnaija1, to download the video using ss, the URL will look like this https://www.ssyoutube.com/jistnaija1.
- After adding “ss” to the URL of the video you want to download, press enter.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can save the video. The new page is from savefrom.net, & they are behind the “ss” YouTube video download.
- The new page will display all the information regarding the video you want to download such as the title & duration of the video. You will also see a download link.
- To the right of the download icon, is a drop-down menu. Click on it & select the format you want the video to be downloaded. After this, click the download button & the video will be downloaded to your device.
Downloading YouTube videos is very easy & stress-free. Note that you may be unable to download restricted YouTube videos using the “ss” trick. The trick works for most YouTube videos though.
Apart from using the “ss” trick, there are other methods of downloading YouTube videos for offline use. Some other popular methods are described below.
How to Download YouTube Videos through the YouTube App
The YouTube app on your device allows you to download videos for offline use. The only catch is that the video is saved within the app & no on the storage of your device. Nonetheless, you can still access the downloaded videos at any time from within the app & without internet access. To download YouTube videos this way, follow these steps.
- Open the YouTube app on your device
- Search for the video you want to download using the search button
- Open the video, you will see some options just below the area where the video is playing. Click download. You will be prompted to select the video quality that you want. You can choose high, medium, or low. You can also choose to save your preferred download quality to avoid being prompted to do so again in the future. After this, the video will be downloaded.
How to Find Videos Downloaded on YouTube App
You can access the videos you downloaded on the YouTube app by following these steps.
- On the homepage of the app, you will find a library option at the bottom of the page. Click it.
- You will be taken to a page where you will see the following options, History, Your videos, Downloads, Your movies & Downloads. Click Downloads to view all the videos you previously downloaded on the YouTube app.
How to Download YouTube Videos Using YouTube Video Downloaders
There are several YouTube video downloaders available on the internet. Download anyone that you like. To download YouTube videos using any of these apps, launch it & search for the video that you want. Select the video & choose your preferred download format. After that, click download.
The video will be downloaded & you can find it in the appropriate folder on your device.
How Can I Download YouTube Videos Directly?
A very easy way of downloading YouTube videos directly is to use “ss”. This method is fully described in this article. It involves simply adding the prefix “ss” to the URL of the video you want to download. You can refer to the section How to Download YouTube Videos Using SS above to learn more.
Can I Download YouTube Videos to my Computer?
You can download YouTube videos to your computer by using a third-party service or installing software. YouTube does not allow direct download of videos from its website. A very popular way of downloading YouTube videos to your computer is by using “ss”.
Adding the prefix “ss” to the URL of the video that you want to download to your computer takes you to a new page run by a third-party platform. The page will feature details of the video such as the title & duration. You can download the video directly to your computer from the page. The service is run by savefrom.net. That is how to download YouTube videos directly to pc.
How Can I Download Youtube Videos directly to my iPhone?
Open the browser on your iPhone & visit the YouTube website. Search for the video that you want and open it. Pause the video & open its URL link. Add the prefix “ss” to the URL (add ss before youtube in the URL). Click enter & you will be redirected to a new page.
This new page will show you details of the video. You will also see a download link on the page. Beside the download button, you will see a drop-down menu, click on it to select your preferred video format before clicking the download button. There is a range of video formats to choose from including mp4.
Conclusion (How to Download YouTube Videos Using SS)
With the “ss” trick described in this post, you can easily download any video that you want from YouTube. The trick is easy to use & does not involve downloading or installing any app. You also get to decide the format that you want the video to be downloaded.