”Any Further Resort to Violence in The Name of #EndSARS Will Not be Tolerated This Time”- FG Reacts to Calls For Fresh Protest on Feb 13 at the Lekki Tollgate

Ahead of the Saturday, Februay 13 proposed protest against the reopening of the Lekki tollgate, the Federal government has warned it would not tolerate any form of violence in the name of #EndSARS protest.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this on Thursday February 11 at a press conference. He warned Nigerians against participating in any protest to block the toll gate, adding that security agencies have been put on the alert to curtail any protest.

The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted. No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of #EndSARS protests last year.

After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”he said

The Minister said intelligence report indicated that some of those planners are non-Nigerians

”We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist. We know that many of those who have been loudest on social media in advertising the plan to reconvene in Lagos on Saturday are not even in Nigeria.

They are elsewhere around the world fanning the embers of violence and inciting gullible people back home. No one should fall for their antics.” he said.

Read More  CAN Sues FG over CAMA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *